This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
18 Feb 2023
Full-Time ATTENDING VETERINARIAN – Al Makhwah
The Veterinarian will be in charge of the animal collection’s health, including quarantine and medical operations. The veterinarian will also assist with the purchase and disposition of animals in the collection, as well as animal transportation and hand rearing techniques as needed.
Job Title : ATTENDING VETERINARIAN
Location : Al Makhwah, Al Bahah, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 43.72 per hour.
Company : iVET360
Job Type : Full-Time
- Advising and delivering routine vaccines, as well as educating clients on healthy nutrition and lifestyle choices for pets, are all ways to promote preventative care.
- Ability to get animal data from employees, input dispositions into a computer, and prepare monthly and weekly reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Establishes and follows medical treatment guidelines. Understanding of local animal control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies. Capacity to respond to public enquiries from citizens and city leaders. Assist in the timely and successful resolution of problems.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all relevant logs are kept current in accordance with protocols.
- Ability to obtain and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as guarantee that supplies and equipment are used correctly in accordance with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ability to stay abreast of current trends and developments in the field of animal sheltering.
- Provides personnel with training in animal husbandry, ethical animal handling, cleanliness and disease prevention, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical assistance (intake and discharge), and animal first aid; Assists in the correct training, appraisal, and execution of animal injection euthanasia. Examines all seized animals and orders their euthanasia if any are sick or injured.
- Vaccinates all animals that have not been vaccinated against rabies before releasing them when vaccination is safe, and certifies that all animals released from quarantine are rabies-free. Provides advice to animal bite victims, including how to safeguard their personal safety.
- Performs physical examinations, diagnostic tests, as well as surgical and dental operations successfully. Clients are informed about pet diagnoses, treatment programs, preventive health care, and nutritional requirements.
- In order to develop partnerships, gathers a lot of information from clients and listens to and understands their concerns and needs.
- In a fast-paced shelter environment, performs high-quality sterilization surgery to manage the population of adopted animals. Triage, physical examinations, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick and injured animals, minor surgery, immunizations, and testing are all part of routine veterinarian care.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Possess (or obtain) a restricted substances registration and a Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license.
- It’s necessary to have a DVM, VMD, or similar degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary school.
- Communication skills are essential.
- MedARKs, ZIMS, and other medical record-keeping systems are all familiar to you.