27 May 2023
Full-Time Curatorial Assistant – Al Bahah
He/she will help to promote the Museum’s purpose by offering leadership in the advancement of academic and public knowledge of photography’s history/impact It is expected that the curator would collaborate with colleagues from all divisions of the Museum, including Curatorial, Education and Public Affairs.
Job Title : Curatorial Assistant
Location : Al Bahah, Al Bahah, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 26.07 per hour.
Company : El Museo del Barrio
Job Type : Full-Time
- Motivate the recruitment of volunteers, place them in appropriate positions, and monitor their progress to make certain they get enough training.
- To ensure projects are of the utmost quality and are completed on time and within budget, the Director of Exhibitions and Publications is responsible for overseeing major exhibition and publication projects that travel both nationally and internationally, conducting research and coordinating exhibition preparation and soliciting loans.
- It is necessary to establish agreements with repositories and give deeds. Asses the value of gifts and purchases, keeps track of loan arrangements, and ensures that established standards are followed.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of modern historical literature and interpretative best practices, stays abreast of cutting-edge research and new historical arguments, and looks for chances to incorporate current historical knowledge into programs.
- Develop and publish peer-reviewed articles based on independent technical study into the history of computers, including its design, technological advancements, cultural importance, and historical significance.
- Participating in the long-term creation and preservation of collections and related information.
- Be an advocate for diversity, equality, accessibility and inclusion in the museum’s programming, staff and public interactions by fulfilling the cognitive, physical and social/emotional needs of a wide spectrum of visitors.
- In addition to other municipal agencies, outside vendors, programming partners, and educational institutions, it is important to establish and maintain strong, proactive connections with other local agencies.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily collection administration, including but not limited to: Resources such as antiquities, artworks, and archives are all preserved and restored by the museum.
- Public services may be reached via phone, email, or in person. The procedures are outlined, and basic reference interviews are carried out. Meets departmental standards for timeliness, accuracy, and thoroughness. Interactions are documented in line with departmental practice.
- The capacity to create metadata and the construction of digital collections, finding aids, and other aspects of archive description is required.
- In-depth understanding of museum best practices; fluent public speaker; excellent written and verbal communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- It has been shown that you have the ability to function as part of a team, to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with coworkers, volunteers, and members of the general public.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; demonstrate objectivity and receptivity to others’ perspectives; provide and accept feedback; contribute to the development of a positive team spirit; ability to instill morale and group commitment to goals and objectives; and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- A four-year degree program in museum work or a similar subject area, or the equivalent of four years of museum work or a related topic area