18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Curatorial Assistant – Sakaka
The Curator will contribute to the Museum’s purpose by expanding academic and public knowledge of photography’s history and influence. The curator will collaborate with colleagues in various areas of the Museum, including Curatorial, Education, Advancement, Public Affairs, and Information Technology, among others.
Job Title : Curatorial Assistant
Location : Sakaka, Al Jouf, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 25.01 per hour.
Company : David Zwirner Gallery
Job Type : Full-Time
- Ensure that proactive relationships with other municipal departments, outside vendors, programming partners, and educational institutions are established and maintained at all times.
- First-contact public services are offered by telephone, email, and in person. Basic reference interviews are done once procedures have been thoroughly explained to the participants. Punctuality, accuracy, and thoroughness are all met by this employee. All interactions are recorded in line with department policy.
- Contracts with repositories and gift deeds are negotiated. Assesses gifts and purchases, maintains loan agreements, and guarantees that set criteria are adhered to.
- Aid in the volunteer program of the museum system, particularly in the areas of recruitment, placement, and training.
- Acquainted with the most recent developments with historical scholarship, as well as cutting-edge research and new historical arguments, as well as chances to incorporate modern historical knowledge into programs.
- Involvement in the long-term creation and preservation of collections and information related to them.
- Make that the museum’s programming, staff, and public interactions continue to satisfy the needs of different audiences in terms of their cognition and physical abilities as well as their social/emotional needs.
- Exhibition and publishing efforts; research; exhibition and loan coordination; ensuring projects are completed on schedule and under budget; managing large-scale, cross-border initiatives.
- Carry out independent technical studies on the history of computing, including its design and technological aspects, as well as its cultural and historical importance.
- Be a part of everything that happens on a daily basis in the collection management department. Antiques, artwork, and records are all cared for by the museum, which is a nonprofit organization.
- As a museum professional, this individual has a working understanding of museum best practices as well as the ability to communicate effectively and extraordinary with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Possession of a proven ability to work in a cooperative manner with others, including employees, volunteers, and members of the public in general
- Experience in museum work or a related topic area that was equivalent to completing a four-year degree program in that field was required.
- Exhibits knowledge or skill in the development of metadata and the construction of digital collections, finding aids and other archive description elements.
- Aspiring for excellent work-life balance, being impartial and attentive to the opinions of others, providing and accepting constructive criticism, and encouraging a sense of camaraderie among your coworkers are all wonderful things to strive for. You should also be able to encourage your team by establishing confidence in them and encouraging them to collaborate in order to achieve common goals.