Part-Time Customer Experience District Manager – Al Kharj
In this role, you will manage personnel for our advocacy divisions, whose clients are at the forefront of progressive work on racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBTQ concerns. You will be an integral component of our People Team and our company’s development. You will collaborate with our talent team and leadership team to create and construct a world-class organization, investing in our most valuable asset: our people. You will handle advocacy searches from start to finish, relying on hiring supervisors to guarantee quality work.
Job Title : Customer Experience District Manager
Location : Al Kharj, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 26.71 per hour.
Company : Affirm
Job Type : Part-Time
- Design and manage company-wide organizational training as well as staff development and engagement activities to promote business success, employee engagement, and diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- As a subject matter expert, assist internal clients with career solutions; give data-driven recommendations based on knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Build connections with agents and managers to find and hire on-camera presenters, celebrities, digital influencers, and/or creators who are a strong fit for the company’s voice for branded content campaigns and original network programming.
- Efficiently manage the performance process by creating and implementing efficient performance strategies. Goal-setting, performance assessments, growth plans, and quarterly coaching sessions are included.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of strategies, methods, and resources for career development. Propose techniques, ideas, and business insight to HR leadership and business partners in order to boost the efficacy, reach, and visibility of career programs and assist the company in responding to career- and talent-related opportunities and needs.
- Ensure technical training for all new recruits in areas such as systems, coffee, wine, cocktails, food preparation and presentation, society, housekeeping, and maintenance by collaborating with internal and external training providers.
- The regional or local level may be able to handle onboarding, recruiting, interactions with employees, compensation, benefits, and performance management with minimum monitoring.
- The panel narratives also feature information about the user’s professional life. Don’t be afraid to bring your expertise and knowledge to the table.
- This includes identifying corporate motivations for change, quantifying risks and benefits, preparing communication and ready materials to facilitate career program and process transfer, and implementing change management approaches.
- Evaluation of talent is a multifaceted process that involves aiding in the development plans, monitoring the progress of the plans, and other related actions.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field, such as Industrial/Organizational Psychology, is required if you want to work in this field.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities. Excellent organizational and analytical abilities. Capability to give consumers with efficient, prompt, dependable, and pleasant service. Capability to communicate information effectively.
- Expertise in digital media and live events, as well as talent procurement, pricing, and packaging from the publisher’s perspective.
- Social media expert. To find incredible talent and influencers, you know your way through Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Snapchat, and other social media platforms like the back of your hand.
- Expertise in production dating back many years, with a demonstrated history of successfully managing the schedules of performers and other staff in order to fulfill the obligations and meet the deadlines associated with the performance.