18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Entry-level Landscape Architect/Designer – Al Khobar
As a member of the department, you will contribute to the department’s professional expertise and participate in the analysis of planned projects in the City, such as landscape plans and irrigation plans. Site inspections and construction administration will be your responsibility to ensure that all work is done in line with the city’s regulations. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with both internal and external departments on landscape code upgrades, as well as providing new design concepts.
Job Title : Entry-level Landscape Architect/Designer
Location : Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 52.99 per hour.
Company : ISG Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- The ability and initiative to produce innovative and aesthetically pleasing design solutions, as well as skill in creating construction documentation using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and LandFX are required.
- Using a collaborative approach, engineers, architects, and agency workers work together to develop a design that is consistent with regulatory requirements, provides value to the client’s project, is sustainable, and is resistant to the effects of time and weather.
- As a manager, you’ll supervise and coordinate consultants’ work, prepare performance criteria and budget projections, and analyses progress payments, among other duties.
- Execute on-site landscape inspections to verify final landscaping and irrigation designs are compliant before issuing a certificate of occupancy or releasing cash.
- It is necessary to do field research and documentation to assess current circumstances, review existing reports and data, inventory existing landscaping and improvement projects and identify development restrictions and possibilities.
- With the help of other departments, confirm that the landscaping and irrigation designs are in conformity with zoning requirements before submitting them for final approval
- When the department needs help with construction administration and inspections as well as field investigations to get information for design or facilities work, the landscape architect helps. They also help with ADA compliance assessments and facility/site condition evaluation
- You must make sure that all of the requirements for hillside overlay sites are being respected. These include the disturbance fence limit, landscape retention or removal, and on-site grading and preservation zones
- Working closely with department agencies, board offices, community organizations, and/or other stakeholders, coordinates and organizes community engagement sessions, public meetings, and/or internal meetings for park initiatives.
- Personal, community, departmental, and public requests, comments, and recommendations for design work at County park facilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or a closely related area from an approved college or university is required for entry-level employment. One year of experience working for a government agency is preferred, but not essential. When it comes to hiring, work experience might be more important than a four-year degree.
- This job requires multitasking and the ability to self-manage schedules depending on project management needs or milestones.
- The capacity to plan, develop, and implement landscape projects in accordance with established landscape architectural concepts and methods.
- Using current technology, design ideas, and certain engineering principles to create landscape architecture.
- Prepares contract plans, specifications, estimates, bid packages, and other contract papers for assigned construction projects.