Full-Time Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator – Buraydah
As a Safety Coordinator, you contribute your whole body, mind, heart, and soul to work. You’re aware of when it’s necessary to act promptly. When is it OK to be silent? When is it OK to burst out laughing? You’re equally at ease with emergency management processes and regulatory standards, as well as providing staff members with training and education. You’re excellent at what you do, but you’d like to be a part of something bigger. Because you feel that while individuals might be powerful, a well-coordinated team can be unstoppable. As a Safety Coordinator with us, you will assist the Safety Manager with the coordination and creation of emergency drills and exercises, the review and implementation of after-action plans related to real occurrences and/or drills/exercises, and other regulatory obligations.
Job Title : Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Location : Buraydah, Al Qassim, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 27.15 per hour.
Company : Nucor Steel Gallatin LLC
Job Type : Full-Time
- Investigate accidents and work with management and staff to come up with solutions to prevent future catastrophes. Keep an eye on the results as you implement your approach.
- Aids in the completion of all required safety-related equipment and system testing, inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs in a timely manner. Ensures that problems are evaluated for ILSM risk and resolved in accordance with policy.
- Conduct frequent safety inspections to detect potential dangers in the workplace and apply hazard controls before an accident occurs. Determine whether any workers are engaging in risky safety behaviors and, if so, whether they require more training.
- This individual develops and implements hearing conservation, chemical inventory/control, hazardous communications/SDS, ergonomics, and other programs. Annual audiometric testing is scheduled and either provided or arranged.
- Assist with the implementation of our safety policy and zero-accident culture on the project(s).
- Employees, supervisors, managers, and other stakeholders receive advice and technical assistance on topics including worker’s compensation and fitness for duty determinations.
- Managers and supervisors are counselled and assisted in establishing a safe work environment. Safety or hazard control equipment should be acquired, utilized, and installed.
- Safety meetings are organized and attended by him. Plans, develops, and provides or organizes the delivery of safety-related training to a number of departments on a monthly basis.
- Consistent and reliable attendance, the ability to accomplish jobs safely, and adherence to all safety regulations and procedures are all requirements for this role.
- Assist with the updating and auditing of Job Safety Analyses (JSAs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Lockout Procedures, as well as making sure that employees are properly trained in them.
- The candidate should have a strong sense of leadership and a persistent drive to learn and improve his abilities.
- Gather data from a variety of sources; organize, prepare, and offer recommendations to management and operational staff.
- It is necessary to possess communication abilities.
- An individual who maintains high ethical standards in all aspects of his or her job. Accepts responsibility for his or her actions and decisions, and promotes an open and honest workplace. When dealing with highly confidential or sensitive subjects, he maintains confidentiality.
- Document, presentation, spreadsheet, and database applications are all necessary.