16 Mar 2023
Full-Time Firefighter – 2nd Shift – Abha
There are a variety of duties that firefighters execute, including responding to requests for fire suppression, hazardous materials response or rescue operations, providing crowd and traffic control at disaster scenes, and providing medical treatment at the First Responder level if necessary. However, the students in this class are allowed to make their own decisions about how and when to carry out their tasks; their work is evaluated on a regular basis.
Job Title : Firefighter – 2nd Shift
Location : Abha, Aseer, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 15.59 per hour.
Company : Smg
Job Type : Full-Time
- As a team player, contribute positively to regional and corporate goals.
- Respond if there is a gas leak, hazardous material spill, or bomb threat. By creating dikes or storing hazardous materials in a manner that inhibits their discharge, you may avoid damaging surface drainage systems.
- In addition to mopping floors, washing windows and sweeping and dusting inside and outside of the firehouse on a shift-by-shift basis, you must also shovel snow, clean the kitchen and bathrooms, and maintain the firehouse’s storehouse.
- Doing daily inspections on the car you’ve been given is your obligation. In addition to monitoring the fluid levels, you also control the pumps and make sure that everything on the automobile is working properly.. If necessary, refill and clean the vehicle.
- As soon as a Firefighter arrives on the scene, he or she must be prepared to gather a variety of papers, including pre-plans of occupant-ship, inspection reports, alarm event reports, and an assessment..
- Exercising control over all sorts of firefighting and rescue equipment, including portable fire extinguishers, power tools, hand tools, and associated equipment, such as smoke ejectors, force entry tools, pike poles, and axes.
- Responding safely to emergency calls and operating emergency equipment in a safe way are all responsibilities of firefighters, as is ensuring that emergency equipment is properly maintained via periodic inspections and maintenance.
- Responds to alarms and aids in the suppression of fires, including rescue, entry, ventilation, and salvage work; enters buildings, searches for and rescues residents, and performs ventilation and salvage work.
- Ability to accomplish all vital work responsibilities without endangering one’s own or others’ safety.
- Firefighter responsibilities also include becoming a customer relations representative for the department via smoke detector installation, attending community events and school activities, as well as educating all ages about life and fire safety.
- Additionally, certifications in CPR and first aid are essential, as is the ability to complete 240 hours of training each year in addition to carrying out the obligations of the position.
- You must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels of an organization.
- ensure that the necessary licenses are current at all times by keeping them up-to-date and carrying them about with them.
- Possessing the capacity to collaborate with others, to identify and respect lines of authority, and to maintain cordial interactions with members of the public are all desirable characteristics.
- It is necessary to be able to pass the NFPA 1582 physical exam. It is essential that one be physically capable of exerting up to 100 pounds of effort periodically and/or regularly while lifting or moving goods.