17 Mar 2023
Full-Time Forest Officer – Samtah
As part of our natural resource management team, we are searching for a motivated Forester with previous work experience. This position provides direct assistance to the Senior Resource Forester in a wide range of functions and responsibilities spanning all aspects of the industrial forest’s operations. The Forester reports to the Senior Resource Forester. A small team of workers will be formed around the Forester, and they will be responsible for all elements of the company’s natural resource management in order to meet or surpass the company’s yearly objectives.
Job Title : Forest Officer
Location : Samtah, Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 25 per hour.
Company : Enfusion
Job Type : Full-Time
- Performed inspections of landscaping, tree removal, and site clearing plans submitted to the city to ensure compliance with municipal codes and ordinances; collaborated with lower level inspectors regarding site inspections to ascertain correctness of information contained within submitted plans; reviewed factors and granted or denied applications; notifies applicants in writing of reasons in the event of denial. Assigned to and participated in inspections of site clearing activities to ensure work was performed.
- Crop sale administration tasks may include verifying or setting up the year-round thin and harvest schedule, road design and access rights of way, as well as any other duties that may be required.
- Consults with other site plan review personnel (stormwater, zoning, transportation) to verify that the code requirements for other disciplines can be accomplished without causing conflicts with the tree and landscape code.
- Assistance with all aspects of silviculture, forest management, and harvest monitoring on company-owned and private-owned properties is required.
- Assisting with basic forestry requirements, such as early-rotation and mid-rotation chores, contract administration, and/or other responsibilities as assigned
- Streets Division employees need training in proper tree care practices so that the city’s tree stock may be kept healthy and safe.
- Implementation of the regional silviculture strategy and the annual plan, field verification of silviculture treatment candidates, timely status updates for system activity updates, contract performance monitoring including safety, SFI, EMP, production, cost, and quality, silviculture processing
- Make sure that forestland owned by the county is in good shape and help write forest stewardship plans that will help them manage it better in the future, One thing we do is get and look at data from the field. These things help us figure out how the forest is made. Do work with staff and contractors so you can use the FLAT. Keep an eye on all of the forestland that has just been bought or has come into your hands recently.
- Keeping forestry-related websites current and creating new outreach materials are essential components of many different forestry efforts.
- Assists and participates in municipal inspections of tree and landscaping installation. Makes sure that the quality, quantity, and type of plant materials used are acceptable; makes sure that the proper procedures for protecting existing and installing new plants are followed; and makes sure that provisions for maintenance and care of plant materials are in place.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word, are important, as are good verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationship building skills with colleagues, departments, and the public.
- Expertise in all aspects of tree care from planting to trimming to disease inspection to disease eradication is required.
- Ability to examine and diagnose plant diseases, assess the repairability of sick and damaged trees, analyze landscaping designs and make informed decisions regarding their acceptance or rejection. enforce laws forcefully, gently, and impartially Establish and maintain effective forestry and landscaping inspection programs; educate workers in tree and landscaping inspections.
- Urban forestry, arboriculture, or a comparable field from an accredited college or university, and six (6) months of experience in landscaping, forestry, nursery operations, or related work, as well as expertise conducting tree and landscape inspections.