26 May 2023
Full-Time Geologist/ Environmental Scientist – Abha
Geologist needed! You’ll be working on projects from day one, alongside seasoned engineers and scientists, to assist clients with water and environmental issues. This person will help with environmental/engineering responsibilities for site assessment and cleanup. Self-starter with good writing abilities needed to assist scientific and engineering projects on-site. Excellent verbal communication skills, leadership ability, a good attitude, and the ability to work alone and in teams are also required.
Job Title : Geologist/ Environmental Scientist
Location : Abha, Aseer, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 28.98 per hour.
Company : Weston & Sampson
Job Type : Full-Time
- Strong computer skills, like knowing how to use Word, Excel, and database software. Knowing how to use ArcGIS and CAD is a plus. Familiarity with remedial systems and how they work. General construction and mechanical skills are a plus.
- Solid waste and waste cleaning requests must be evaluated by district or division officials before they may be considered complete. Take a look at the plans and paperwork provided by supervisors or managers for site maintenance.
- Responsibilities may include the production of remedial investigations, remedial system designs, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, and groundwater monitoring plans and reports, as well as cost estimation and technical writing.
- Remedial system deployment (e.g., subsurface injections) is one example of a typical activity that includes field work planning, preparation, drilling, monitoring well installation supervision, and recording of soil boreholes. Additionally, in order to assess pollution levels, samples of soil and groundwater will be collected and documented on the ground.
- Examples of project management include preparing ideas and estimates, developing processes for corrections, monitoring implementation and construction, and mentoring.
- Be responsible for assisting with solid waste facility permits and compliance personnel, as well as assisting with water quality monitoring plans and environmental samples for assigned solid waste sites
- The Project Manager should be informed of any issues that arise, such as cost and time overruns, scope modifications requested by the customer, or potential liability exposure.
- Every day, management needs to know what’s going on, so it’s important to write these reports and keep in touch with them. Inventory management and moving samples are two examples of logistical tasks.
- If further information is needed, write requests and documents that are accurate, exact, intelligible, and follow rules, regulations, and processes.
- This means that drillers must report mechanical concerns, the condition of the hole, and the results of surveys to management.
- Capable of conducting field and site inspections for groundwater monitoring wells at landfills and solid waste treatment facilities that have been closed down.
- The ability to compile and illustrate geological data using Microsoft’s tools; meticulousness and exactness in documentation Multi-tasking and project coordination
- To be eligible for this job, you must have either one year of specialized experience in the federal government or education that is equal to the GS-07. To meet this requirement, you must have worked in the field collecting, analyzing, and reporting on soil and rock sample data, as well as providing standard data to higher-level specialists, conducting studies or investigations, and/or helping to manage mineral locateable and saleable activities.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university with a major in geology and at least 20 additional semester hours in any combination of mathematics and physics and chemistry and biological science and structural engineering and mining and petroleum engineering and computer science.
- In a mining or industrial plant environment, extremes in temperature and humidity, as well as the risk of electrical shock and exposure to toxic chemicals and explosives, are conceivable.