26 May 2023
Full-Time Interpreters / Translators – Najran
Providing translation and interpretation services to the division’s varied and non-English speaking families is the responsibility of the Translator. The Translator & Interpreter serves as a liaison between staff and the varied families they serve, as well as a source of support for those who work in the field of translation and interpreting.
Job Title : Interpreters / Translators
Location : Najran, Najran, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 26.28 per hour.
Company : Current
Job Type : Full-Time
- Translates conversations between parents and teachers regarding their children’s academic progress; disciplinary issues; medical crises; and other sensitive topics.
- Re-evaluates the translations done by other members of the District. It aids in the training of district staff and consultants that give translation services to schools.
- looks into both the language of the source and the target language to make sure that people can understand and that the translations are correct.
- Answers phones, greets guests, answers basic inquiries, opens and sorts mail, creates purchase order requisitions, and verifies and prepares invoices and stipends for payment.
- Translated District publications include school handbooks and advisories as well as school newsletters as well as forms, urgent phone calls to parents, medical warnings, legal issues, and sensitive information.
- Make the most of your research resources. One must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Office and the Internet in order to produce written translations and merchandise.
- It is important to double-check translations for completeness and accuracy, and to verify that the original meaning, tone, and purpose have not been distorted in any way.
- Accurately translate textual items such as flyer, social media postings, district-wide announcements/press releases, or other sorts of papers into any language.
- Worker assessment results, hours worked, training status, and other relevant data are stored and maintained in a database for the temporary workforce.
- Capable of capturing geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural characteristics in text in general. The word choice and expression are typically consistent with target language (TL) norms and modes of expression unique to the subject area (s) and are robust enough to enable the translator to function progressively in that field.
- Having the ability to drive as well as the desire to utilize one’s own vehicle while providing interpretation services in educational and community settings are both necessary.
- As well as an undergraduate degree in translation or foreign language (or a closely related field), the ideal applicant should have shown proficiency in writing and speaking in both written and spoken forms of communication.
- Fluently speak and comprehend two languages at the level of an educated native speaker, with an awareness of the culture underlying the language.
- Effective communication with coworkers, students, and others is essential for conveying knowledge to any of these groups.
- Demonstrating the capacity in a designated language that is above the level of conversational competence, allowing constituencies with limited English language proficiency to engage fully in the indicated process is required.