27 May 2023
Full-Time Interpreters / Translators – Tayma
The Translator provides translation (written) and interpretation (oral) help to the division’s varied and non-English speaking families. The Translator & Interpreter serves as a liaison between staff and the varied families in our community, providing translation and interpretation services as needed.
Job Title : Interpreters / Translators
Location : Tayma, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 26.28 per hour.
Company : Provi
Job Type : Full-Time
- Forms, urgent communications to parents, medical warnings, legal and confidential issues, handbooks, advisories, surveys, school newsletters, and other District publications are all available in several languages.
- As part of a database-based system, all relevant information on the temporary employee pool is gathered and kept.
- Take use of the resources available to you. With Microsoft Office skills and the ability to use the Internet, one may create textual translations and products.
- As a safeguard against miss-translation, a translator studies and analyses terminology in both the source language and the target language.
- Edits the translations of other District staff. Assists in the training of District employees and consultants that provide school translation services.
- Capable of capturing geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural characteristics in text in general. The word choice and expression are typically consistent with target language (TL) norms and modes of expression unique to the subject area (s) and are robust enough to enable the translator to function progressively in that field.
- Administrative duties include receptionist duties such as receiving phone calls and taking care of general queries; opening and sorting mail; creating purchase order requisitions; and verifying and preparing invoices for payment.
- It is important to double-check translations for completeness and accuracy, and to verify that the original meaning, tone, and purpose have not been distorted in any way.
- Translates talks between parents and teachers about the academic development of their children, disciplinary concerns, medical emergencies, and other delicate matters.
- Ensure that textual items such as flyer, social media postings, district-wide announcements/press releases, and other kinds of papers are accurately translated into whichever language they are intended for distribution.
- Fluency in two languages at the native speaker level and knowledge of the cultural environment in which the languages are spoken are required.
- To effectively interact with coworkers, students, and others, it is essential to use effective communication techniques.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in translation or a foreign language, or an equivalent degree, as well as a proven capacity to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Capabilities to communicate in a specified language at a level beyond that of a casual conversation, enabling constituents with limited English language proficiency to participate fully in the process under consideration.
- When interpreting in schools and communities, you must have a valid driver’s license and be ready to utilize your own vehicle.