Part-Time Laborer- Concrete/Asphalt – Balqarn
The Concrete Finisher performs the following responsibilities to smooth and polish the surfaces of poured concrete highway roadways to specified textures. The scope of the project and its structure dictate whether a worker spends his whole time on a single task or is shifted from task to task as the project proceeds toward completion. Certain employees are specialized in a particular section of the industry, while others are shifted from duty to task as a project proceeds toward completion, or as employment becomes available or on a seasonal basis. May be identified in accordance with the nature of the task done.
Job Title : Laborer- Concrete/Asphalt
Location : Balqarn, Aseer, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 22.06 per hour.
Company : Woods Construction
Job Type : Part-Time
- Checks the forms that hold the concrete for appropriate construction, then sets the forms that hold the concrete to the required pitch and depth and aligns them.
- People who work in this job use a lot of different equipment, machinery, and tools for their work. These might include: dump truck, front-end loader, backhoe, tamping machine, cement mixer air compressor jackhammer concrete saw mallet shovel rake axe mechanic tools concrete tools concrete forms etc.
- To ensure that the freshly poured concrete on floors, ceilings, walls and pathways is perfectly leveled. The concrete’s surface is hardened and sealed using hardening and sealing chemicals.
- It is the Concrete Finisher’s responsibility to run equipment, do manual work, and assist with other Public Works projects.
- It’s possible that you’ll be sent reports or task orders to complete. After you’ve finished them, either give them to someone else or preserve them as records.
- Monitoring equipment operations to ensure efficiency and safety; reporting faulty equipment; keeping cleanliness and order in the workplace.
- Provides information, takes and transmits messages, and answers to service and information requests from workers, authorities, the public, and others through telephone and/or two-way radio.
- Fix concrete surfaces using cementitious materials such as sand and colored sand or just plain sand and cement.
- Manual tasks related with department projects (lifting/moving heavy items, shoveling materials, cleaning up debris/landfill, putting signs, etc.) are performed.
- Concrete compression by vibrating Concrete fittings such as anchor bolts and steel plates are installed. Use a sponge rubber float or burlap for this.
- Moving at least 30 pounds and up to a maximum of 150 pounds with the support of others
- If you want to work as a bricklayer, you’ll need two years of concrete or bricklaying experience and/or training. You may use any other relevant training and talents to finish the task.
- Ability to adhere to all safety standards and procedures; effectively communicate with coworkers and superiors to ensure tasks are done appropriately.
- Having the capacity to work well with people, maintain a high degree of organization, and communicate clearly are all essential.
- Working multiple shifts (days, nights) and working long hours during the summer months (70+ hours a week and nights during the summer months) will need flexibility.