19 Mar 2023
Full-Time LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT INTERN – Al Muwayh
In this position, you will be expected to provide the department with competent guidance. Among the initiatives you’ll help with is the review of municipal plans, such as the Landscape and Irrigation Plans. You will conduct site inspections and provide construction administration in order to ensure that construction is in compliance with City regulations. Among the responsibilities of this position is the creation and investigation of landscape code changes, as well as the coordination of efforts with other departments inside and outside the company.
Job Title : LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT INTERN
Location : Al Muwayh, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 51.88 per hour.
Company : Gawron Turgeon Architects, P.C.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Work collaboratively with other departments, board offices as well as community organizations and other stakeholders to plan and conduct public meetings, public hearings and internal meetings for park projects.
- Knowledge of the AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and LandFX software packages required to create construction documentation, as well as a willingness to take on design challenges.
- Prior to issuing a Certificate of Occupancy or releasing any financial assurance funds, do on-site landscape inspections to verify that the approved final landscape and irrigation plans are being implemented.
- Collaboration between planning staff and other divisions to ensure that the final landscape and irrigation plan assessments correspond to the standards of the zoning code.
- Build an architecture and engineering team that works together to create a sustainable and resilient design that fulfils regulatory requirements and delivers value to the client.
- Designs for County park facilities are requested by individuals, community organizations, governmental agencies and public authorities.
- The landscape architect is useful when the department requires support with construction administration and inspections, as well as field investigations to gather information for design or facility work. ADA compliance inspections and facility/site condition evaluations are also part of their service portfolio.
- Analyzing current conditions, prior reports, and data from the field is vital to fully grasp the present situation and identify potential development constraints as well as opportunities.
- As a manager, you’ll supervise and coordinate consultants’ work, prepare performance criteria and budget projections, and analyses progress payments, among other duties.
- On-site grading, landscape retention or removal, and preservation zones are all criteria for hillside overlay sites.
- Landscape architecture design and construction methods based on modern technology, design ideas, and engineering principles.
- The formulation of contract plans, specifications, and estimates for the construction projects that have been assigned to him, as well as the preparation of bid packages and any other contract papers that may be necessary for the projects.
- Knowledge of the principles of landscape architecture, including how plants, soil, building materials, and other similar aspects should be used in the design and construction of landscapes.
- Self-manage schedules according to PM demands or project milestones; multitask on a variety of tasks and challenges;
- A bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or a closely related discipline from an approved institution is required at the entry level. One year of experience working for a government agency is preferred, but not essential. Work experience may be more valuable than a four-year college degree in certain cases.