19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Lead Veterinarian – Duba
The veterinarian will be in charge of the animal collection’s health, including quarantine and medical operations. In addition, the veterinarian will assist with the purchase and disposition of animals in the collection, animal transportation, and, if necessary, hand rearing techniques.
Job Title : Lead Veterinarian
Location : Duba, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 41.69 per hour.
Company : Southern Veterinary Partners
Job Type : Full-Time
- Performs high-quality sterilization surgery for the control of adopted animal populations in a fast-paced shelter environment. Routine veterinarian care includes triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick and injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- Creates and follows medical treatment protocols. Ability to interpret local animal control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies Capacity to respond to public enquiries from residents and city officials; Assist with the timely and successful resolution of concerns.
- Gathers extensive information from clients and listens to and understands their worries and needs in order to build partnerships.
- Physical examinations, diagnostic treatments, surgical, and dental procedures are all completed successfully. Clients are informed about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment options, preventative health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Ability to obtain and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as ensure that supplies and equipment are used correctly in accordance with all applicable state and federal rules and laws. Ability to stay updated on market trends and innovations in the animal sheltering business.
- All animals not already vaccinated against rabies are vaccinated when immunization is suitable, and all animals released from quarantine observation are confirmed as rabies-free. Provides information to animal bite victims, such as the steps they should take to ensure their safety.
- Policies and procedures for the care and use of laboratory animals, including per diem costs in the Animal Facility, are being revised, updated, and developed.
- Employees must be able to collect animal data, enter dispositions into a computer, and generate monthly and weekly reports according to specified processes.
- Provides personnel with training in animal husbandry, ethical animal handling, cleanliness and disease prevention, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical assistance (intake and discharge), and animal first aid; Assists in the correct training, appraisal, and execution of animal injection euthanasia. Examines all seized animals and orders their euthanasia if any are sick or injured.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all relevant logs are kept up to date according to established standards.
- Communication skills are essential.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), or an equivalent degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary institution are required.
- Possess (or obtain) a Federal DEA license, as well as a controlled substance registration.
- It is necessary to be familiar with the ZIMS medical record-keeping system.
- Must be able to work well in a group setting and perform tasks with minimal supervision.