27 May 2023
Part-Time Luxury Curator – Bani Hasan
In addition to providing support to researchers through electronic means and in the reading room, the Curator is responsible for producing manuscript collections, University record groups, and born-digital assets. An Archives and Special Collections (ASC) department and library policy maker, this individual serves as a resource and advisor to the ASC staff and the organization as a whole. People in this position are expected to represent the library at public events, and they will be involved in outreach efforts.
Job Title : Luxury Curator
Location : Bani Hasan, Al Bahah, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 26.77 per hour.
Company : lighthousemuseum.org
Job Type : Part-Time
- Participating in the long-term creation and preservation of collections and related information.
- Encourage the recruitment of volunteers, put them in suitable roles, and keep track of their progress to ensure they get enough training.
- Independent research and publications in peer-reviewed journals should be carried out on all aspects of the history of computers, including their design, technical advancements, cultural effect, and historical relevance.
- Set up and keep strong, proactive partnerships with other municipal agencies, outside suppliers, programming partners, and educational institutions, among other things, to help you do your job better.
- Assist in ensuring that the museum system’s programming, personnel, and public interactions continue to aim for diversity, equality, accessibility, and inclusion by meeting the cognitive, physical, and social/emotional requirements of various audiences.
- among other responsibilities, organizing large-scale international exhibits and publications; conducting research; overseeing the preparation of the show; and obtaining financial support.
- Every facet of collection administration is covered in this position. The museum takes care of everything from antiquities to artworks to archives.
- Repositories and deeds of gift are negotiated by this person. Loan agreements and rules are administered and adhered to, and gifts are evaluated and acquired.
- By phone, email, and in person, you provide first-contact public services to the public. Explanations of methods are provided, as well as basic reference interviews conducted. Prompt, accurate, and thorough in meeting departmental standards of conduct. Reference exchanges are documented in accordance with departmental policy.
- Responds to information requests, stays up to date with contemporary historical literature and interpretative best practices, remains aware of state-of-the-art research and new historical arguments, and looks for chances to incorporate current historical scholarship into programming.
- Evidence of previous expertise or ability in the creation of metadata and the development of digital collections, finding aids, and other parts of archival description
- Working as a team member, creating and sustaining strong working relationships with coworkers, volunteers, and members of the general public has been shown.
- The ability to effectively interact with both internal teams and external stakeholders; experience with public speaking; and a thorough working knowledge of museum best practices are all prerequisites.
- Extensive expertise in museum work or a similar subject area that was comparable to finishing a four-year degree program.
- It’s important to strike a healthy balance between the responsibilities of the team and those of the individual members; to do this, you must be objective and open to hearing the opinions of others, provide constructive criticism and encouragement, and do all of these things in order to foster a strong sense of camaraderie among the members of the group.