18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Non-QM Mortgage Underwriter – Remote – Al Mithnab
Mortgage underwriters make lending decisions and follow strict lending guidelines and protocols. Mortgage Underwriter I is the first phase in the progression of this position, and it comprises mastering the underwriting of conventional loans in accordance with agency criteria and portfolio loans in accordance with Bank guidelines. Mortgage Underwriters are multi-functional, customer-oriented personnel that rely on written instructions and pre-established protocols to perform their duties. The Mortgage Support Manager supervises them directly.
Job Title : Non-QM Mortgage Underwriter – Remote
Location : Al Mithnab, Al Qassim, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 28.67 per hour.
Company : CBRE
Job Type : Full-Time
- In charge of the mortgage loan application procedure. Completes a thorough risk analysis of mortgage loan applications, which includes evaluating legal documents, income analysis (including self-employment and tax return analysis), and asset analysis, among other things. Determine if the application meets the credit union portfolio or secondary market standards, and then approve or refuse it based on the findings. If applicable, alternative approval criteria are proposed.
- Analyze credit, income, and assets on a loan-by-loan basis to accurately assess individual risk and send underwriting recommendations to Mortgage Originators as quickly as possible.
- Determine the risk level throughout the whole loan application and effectively underwrite the loan utilizing lending rules and processes.
- Stay on top of all the industry standards and regulations, such as how to spot and fight mortgage fraud.
- Demonstrate the ability to make independent decisions regarding the creditworthiness of applicants based on established underwriting standards, Bank policies, processes, skills, and experience.
- Provide great internal and external customer service that is tailored to the needs of each client and encourages bank loyalty.
- In charge of staying up to date on all secondary market requirements, with a special emphasis on the investors who have already formed relationships with the credit union, such as the FNMA, FHLMC, and FHLB. It is your responsibility to communicate changes to these regulations in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Responsibilities include staying current on all state, local, and federal regulations and ensuring that all guidelines, such as the Ability to Repay (ATR), Qualified Mortgage (QM), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending (TILA), and other applicable mortgage lending rules, are followed.
- Examines and analyses information on mortgage loan documentation to see if the buyer, property, and loan terms are in compliance with Credit Union and government guidelines.
- Communicate with appraisers regarding challenges, changes, and other information while running and maintaining the Bank’s appraisal portal.
- -3 years of mortgage underwriting experience, or a comparable mix of education and experience is desirable.
- It is necessary to have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities.
- A working knowledge of CUDL 360 and Symitar, as well as Microsoft Excel and Word Processing, is necessary.
- Has a thorough grasp of the underwriting requirements for conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, VHDA, and NC loans.
- Communication, analytic, auditing, investigation, and decision-making abilities are all essential. Both verbally and in writing, you have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.