Full-Time Office Mgr – Diriyah
An important role in generating patient service income is that of a Medical Office Manager. The attainment of yearly and recurring objectives for major statistical indicators of revenue cycle performance and for the overall financial performance of the firm is a critical responsibility. An expectation of all departments is that the Medical Office Manager sets a high level of quality for the whole organization. It should be founded on the establishment and maintenance of consistency of purpose, the pursuit of continual development in the area of influence, and the delivery of the best possible service.
Job Title : Office Mgr
Location : Diriyah, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 26.14 per hour.
Company : LOTTE New York Palace
Job Type : Full-Time
- Ensure the accuracy and legitimacy of financial report requests by creating and verifying them using information technology.
- Contributes to budget development and the alignment of operations with organizational objectives, as well as the achievement of performance and budget targets, in collaboration with senior management and other team members.
- At medical offices and clinics, a manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations. This person is in charge of overseeing employee scheduling and absences. Assuring that medical workers and patients are provided and maintained the required office space, supplies, equipment and support.
- Help to improve communication between the hospital’s doctors and nurses, allowing them to work more effectively together. The importance of providing excellent customer service while also doing business with the utmost professionalism cannot be overstated.
- Set long-term financial targets, such as the number of days in accounts receivable (A/R) and the age of accounts, as well as the payroll and direct expenditure for each cost center.
- in charge of the hiring process, training of new workers, and supervision of those who are sent to work in the company’s many satellite locations.
- responsible for ensuring appropriate supply of both medical and office goods are on hand at all times Budget formulation and execution are assisted by the Clinic Administrator’s assistance.
- Assure that all payment appeals from the Provider Dispute Process are resolved quickly, and work with outside payer groups to solve reimbursement issues.
- respect for patient confidentiality, as well as any obligations set out by regulatory agencies or the department or system (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, Department of Health, etc.).
- In this job, you will help doctors and patients with a wide range of tasks that deal with patient care management, organization, and communication.
- Patients’ registration, billing, accounts receivable (AR), and cash management, health insurance processes, business office operations, and industry standards for healthcare revenue management systems are all necessary.
- Within one year of commencing in the role, you must have CPMSM Certification (Certified Professional Medical Staff Management) and maintain certification with appropriate CEs.
- working within an organization’s norms and procedures, as well as the ability to put that knowledge into practice in a variety of different work environments
- Requires a high level of management abilities, including organizational and communication skills, the ability to handle several projects while keeping an eye on deadlines, good attention-to-detail, and the capacity to preserve confidentiality while working with sensitive material.
- The ability to speak, read, and write English well enough to do the job’s main tasks, especially when those tasks affect patient or employee safety or security.