18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Professional Service Veterinarian – Mecca
The Veterinarian will be in charge of the animal collection’s health, including quarantine and medical operations. The veterinarian will also assist with the purchase and disposition of animals in the collection, as well as animal transportation and hand rearing techniques as needed.
Job Title : Professional Service Veterinarian
Location : Mecca, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 42.29 per hour.
Company : Suveto
Job Type : Full-Time
- Preventative care is promoted through advocating and delivering routine vaccinations, as well as educating clients on good pet nutrition and lifestyle choices.
- Ability to acquire and regulate euthanasia medications and equipment, as well as assure correct supply and equipment utilization in line with all applicable state and federal regulations and legislation. Ability to keep up with current animal shelter trends and advances.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all required logs are kept up-to-date in accordance with approved procedures.
- Ability to gather animal records from employees, input dispositions into a computer, and produce monthly and weekly reports in accordance with established procedures.
- In a fast-paced shelter environment, performs high-quality sterilization surgery to manage the population of adopted animals. Triage, physical examinations, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick and injured animals, minor surgery, immunizations, and testing are all part of routine veterinarian care.
- Provides personnel with training in animal husbandry, ethical animal handling, cleanliness and disease prevention, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical assistance (intake and discharge), and animal first aid; Assists in the correct training, appraisal, and execution of animal injection euthanasia. Examines all seized animals and orders their euthanasia if any are sick or injured.
- Gathers extensive information from clients and listens to and understands their worries and needs in order to build partnerships.
- Vaccinates all animals not currently vaccinated against rabies before releasing them if vaccination is appropriate, and certifies that all animals released from quarantine are rabies-free. Animal bite victims are given instructions on how to protect themselves and what steps to follow.
- Successfully performs physical exams, diagnostic tests, and surgical and dental procedures. Clients are given information about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment plans, preventative health care, and dietary needs.
- In writing, establishes and implements medical treatment regimens. Ability to decipher animal-control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies. Ability to respond to questions from the general public and civic officials; Assist with the prompt and effective settlement of issues.
- Must be able to work well in a group setting and perform tasks with little supervision.
- Knowledge of MedARKs and ZIMS, as well as other medical record-keeping systems.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), or comparable degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary medicine college or equivalent
- Possess (or receive) a DEA license and a restricted substances registration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities are all required.