18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Public Policy Economist – Al Qurayyat
This position requires someone who has good quantitative modelling abilities and can apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methodologies. To transform data-driven results into meaningful ideas, the applicant should have great communication abilities. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter who is comfortable with uncertainty, has excellent attention to detail, and can operate in a fast-paced, constantly changing workplace.
Job Title : Public Policy Economist
Location : Al Qurayyat, Al Jouf, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 42.17 per hour.
Company : General Dynamics Information Technology
Job Type : Full-Time
- Surveys may be used to obtain economic data, compare prior data to current conditions, and uncover the linkages between key economic features for well-defined initiatives.
- Construct the study around issues raised by research sponsors, management, or senior workers.
- Assist with the evolution of the department’s toolset and products in order to fulfil business demands, including the introduction of new and innovative solutions.
- An experienced senior economist oversees economic research, assessment, and interpretation, as well as the generation of benefit estimates and reporting of outcomes.
- Collect and analyze existing data, as well as undertake research to uncover new data sources for analytic purposes.
- Collaborate with other economists and senior executives to verbally and in writing communicate and present economic concepts and quantitative data to non-technical audiences.
- Determines and proposes delivery schedules and methods for economic and financial data to meet specified reporting standards, processes, and procedures; aids in the establishment of budget and economic goals and objectives that align with strategic planning activities.
- It’s necessary to research previous trends in order to assess and forecast market activity.
- It is necessary to do data analysis utilizing mathematical models and statistical approaches.
- Contribute to economic policy research activities on behalf of public and private sector consumers (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- It is necessary to review recent economics academic research on entrepreneurship, small businesses, employment, and labor market dynamics.
- It was essential to take at least 21 semester hours in economics, as well as three semester hours of statistics, accounting, or calculus.
- Teaching duties in a college or institution that involved both classroom instruction in economics courses and one of the following: (1) personal research with results, (2) direction of graduate theses in economics, or (3) consulting or advising on technical economics difficulties.
- To be considered for the position, the candidate must be self-motivated, eager to learn, and capable of taking on leadership responsibilities.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, as well as the ability to tailor communications to a variety of groups including business, media/press, academic, technical, and political audiences.