This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
17 Feb 2023
Full-Time Resource Geologist – Al Tuwal
We need a Geologist to provide technical assistance on varied project teams in a dynamic setting. This is a great chance to join a developing firm and work on environmental initiatives for a variety of customers.
Job Title : Resource Geologist
Location : Al Tuwal, Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 29.33 per hour.
Company : Imerys Performance Minerals
Job Type : Full-Time
- Typical activities include field work planning and preparation, drilling and well installation supervision, and recording soil boreholes. Soil and groundwater samples will be collected for testing.
- Remediation investigations, remedial system designs, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, groundwater monitoring plans and reports, cost calculations, and the preparation of technical papers may be among the activities they are asked to do.
- You should alert the project manager if there are any issues, such as cost or time overruns, customer-requested modifications to the scope, liability exposure, or anything else that is vital to the project’s success or security.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Access, as well as ArcGIS and CAD applications. It is helpful to have a working understanding of remedial systems as well as basic construction and mechanical expertise.
- Management must be kept up-to-date every day, which is why these reports must be written and sent to them regularly. Inventory management and sample transportation are two examples of logistical responsibilities.
- Preparation of water quality monitoring strategies and evaluation of environmental sampling findings are two other responsibilities of this position.
- Preparing proposals and cost estimates, designing corrective mechanisms, monitoring implementation/construction, writing technical reports, and mentoring are examples of project management.
- If further information is needed, write requests and documents that are accurate, exact, intelligible, and follow rules, regulations, and processes.
- Examine geological and risk assessment papers for Solid Waste & Waste Cleanup submittals with District or Division authorities. Analyze site repair plans and paperwork handed to you by supervisors or managers.
- Drillers have a variety of responsibilities, including setting up drilling rigs, conveying management goals to drilling crews, and keeping in touch with them to stay on top of issues like mechanical problems, hole quality, and surveys, to name a few.
- One year of GS-7-level work experience or training must be included in your credentials. Analysis and data collecting are required to achieve this requirement. Providing standard data, conducting research and studies, and assisting in the discovery and sale of minerals are all requirements as well.. you must also have
- Electrical shock, toxic chemicals and explosives, as well as extreme temperatures and humidity are all common hazards in the workplace of a mining or industrial facility.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting are required, as is gathering geologic data and generating interpretative maps. Microsoft Office suite of applications expert; Ability to do numerous jobs in a timely manner
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in geology is required, as well as 20 semester hours in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological science, structural engineering, mining, petroleum engineering, or computer science from an accredited college or university. Additionally, a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field is required, such as biology, chemistry, or structural engineering.
- Capability to execute field and site inspections linked to groundwater monitoring well installation at solid waste facilities, as well as inspections in accordance with the solid waste level of service for closed landfills.