Full-Time Sous Chef Kitchen Manager – Al Bad’
The Kitchen Manager is in charge of the kitchen’s overall operations, ensuring that they meet operational and budgetary goals. In order to keep costs down, they must keep an eye on food and labor costs while while maintaining high standards for their products. It’s the responsibility of this position to actively plan, coordinate, and train their coworkers in order to accomplish certain sales objectives as well as cost and coworker retention goals. To be successful in this position, you must focus on achieving the highest level of team performance in terms of customer service and experience as well as boosting sales and profitability, effective cost controls, and retaining all coworkers in accordance with all company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Job Title : Sous Chef Kitchen Manager
Location : Al Bad’, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 16.2 per hour.
Company : Blue Collar
Job Type : Full-Time
- Make shift schedules for your employees in order to accommodate a busy bar or restaurant. Schedule labor according to anticipated company activity, ensuring that all jobs are adequately staffed and that labor cost objectives are met. Requests for shift swaps and customized scheduling are approved or rejected.
- Maintain the location’s profitability by adhering to established labor, COGS, and controllable expenditure standards and requirements.
- With the manager’s help, create, implement, and monitor kitchen performance standards.
- The manager ensures that all employees are capable of explaining menu items to consumers in a clear and enthusiastic manner.
- Positively represent the brand and the values of the firm by showing respect, civility and compassion to both internal and external visitors on a constant basis.
- The kitchen manager also ensures that the kitchen is cleaned on a regular basis, that food is properly disposed of, and that all hygiene requirements are followed.
- Properly identifies, stocks, and dates prepped products and takes an active role in quality control of all food items. Maintains knowledge of all product/inventory in freezers and coolers, and assists in ensuring that all product/inventory are properly rotated to maintain freshness.
- Work with management to establish and monitor kitchen-specific financial budgets, in order to optimize immediate and long-term profits for the kitchen.
- Colleagues’ side job assignments must be communicated to them, and checklists and side work must be completed before coworker’s clock off. Inspects food preparation and serving facilities to verify that food is handled in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Every employee must be properly taught in all kitchen stations, weekly/monthly inventory chores, year-round and specialized menu, KDS system, and rules and procedures for food prepping/cleaning/side-work duties.
- A minimum of three (3) years of hospitality culinary experience is required. Experience in scheduling and staffing is necessary.
- The ability to work with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and Google Docs/Forms is required. To maintain track of inventory and do basic data entry with care using a spreadsheet. Financial literacy is a must.
- Capacity for professional, courteous, and productive interaction with colleagues and the broader public. Must have strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a team.
- Ability to mentor and work as a leader of a team, ability to work in high stress situations. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and changing conditions. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- At least two years of relevant work experience are required for applicants to be considered. Candidates with a degree or certification from an accredited culinary school are given preference in the hiring process.