17 Mar 2023
Full-Time Sportico: Apprentice, Sports Business Reporter – Al Khurma
The Reporter’s primary, but not exclusive, duty will be to monitor political developments at the state level. This entails governing as well as electoral politics. On average, the Reporter will be tasked with filing two or three articles per week on breaking news events or other timely topics, as well as conducting in-depth interviews and gathering evidence to produce exclusive stories (e.g., at least every couple of weeks).
Job Title : Sportico: Apprentice, Sports Business Reporter
Location : Al Khurma, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 18.05 per hour.
Company : mxdwn
Job Type : Full-Time
- Develop a vision and strategy for arts coverage by working closely with editors and content creators to draft detailed plans.
- You might also be asked to take still pictures, record video, or produce on-camera video segments about your reporting, depending on the situation.
- Using online federal and state reporting tools, keeping an eye on public disclosure forms, researching them, and submitting records requests are all additional tasks.
- Find and create fascinating art tales for a variety of channels, such as podcasts, web, video, and broadcast audio.
- Investigate the overlap between the creative industries and traditionally marginalized groups.
- Talk with the local arts communities and constantly interact with the important stakeholders.
- In this role, you will pitch ideas and work on given stories. The managing editor is who you will answer to.
- The reporter will also be expected to cover and unearth stories related to the role of money in politics, tracking donations, political action committees, lobbying, conflicts of interest, and more.
- Maintain daily filing requirements, which may require some after-hours or weekend work.
- The distribution and reporting processes can benefit from the use of social media and source networks.
- the capacity to transmit specialized concepts to a broad audience and a command of the English language.
- competence with or familiarity with audio production fundamentals and practices.
- It is advantageous to be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Facebook, Twitter, and other social media experience are preferred.
- or an equivalent mix of education and experience, a bachelor’s degree and three years of professional journalism experience, with considerable expertise covering the arts.
- Possess the ability to independently and cooperatively work, as well as to represent the station in a professional manner.