26 May 2023
Full-Time Translator – Yanbu
With written and oral assistance, the Translator helps families from across the division who do not speak English as their first language. The Translator & Interpreter serves as a liaison between staff and the varied families in our community, providing translation and interpretation services as requested by the staff.
Job Title : Translator
Location : Yanbu, Medina, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 25.97 per hour.
Company : HappyFunCorp
Job Type : Full-Time
- works on a wide range of documents that have anything to do with the school district. These may include anything from forms to messages to parents about emergencies to announcements about medical emergencies to legal and private documents.
- Medical and technical terminology must be thoroughly examined in both the original language and its target translation to ensure that the intended meaning is conveyed accurately.
- Databases are used to keep track of the temporary employee pool’s evaluation findings, hours worked, training status, and other relevant data.
- Ensure that textual materials such as flyer, social media postings, district-wide announcements/press releases, and other kinds of papers are accurately translated into whatever language they are intended to be used in.
- Translates conversations between parents and teachers regarding their children’s academic progress; disciplinary issues; medical crises; and other sensitive topics.
- Translators must ensure that the original meaning, tone, and aim of a piece of writing have not been altered.
- Be an expert in the use of research tools. Microsoft Office abilities are required, as well as basic internet research skills, to develop textual translations and goods.
- Translates and edits translations completed by other District workers. Contributes to the training of District personnel and consultants who provide translation services to schools.
- Capable of capturing geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural characteristics in text in general. The word choice and expression are typically consistent with target language (TL) norms and modes of expression unique to the subject area (s) and are robust enough to enable the translator to function progressively in that field.
- Execute clerical duties, such as answering phones, greeting visitors, addressing general inquiries, opening and sorting mail, creating purchase order requests, verifying invoices, and preparing stipends to be paid.
- A demonstration in a defined language that is superior to conversational competence, so that constituents with poor English language capacity may participate fully in the specified process.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and willingness to utilize a personal vehicle when providing interpretation services in educational and community contexts
- Involving and supporting communication skills when communicating with supervisors, employees, students, and other individuals in order to communicate information
- Fluently speak and comprehend two languages at the level of an educated native speaker, with an awareness of the culture underlying the language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation, Foreign Language, or a similar profession, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as proven interpersonal and writing and vocal communication abilities, are necessary.