18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Underwriter – Ranyah
Mortgage underwriters make lending decisions and follow strict lending guidelines and procedures. Underwriting conventional loans according to agency standards and portfolio loans according to Bank guidelines is the first step in this role’s development. All Mortgage Underwriters are multi-functional, customer-oriented employees that rely on written instructions and pre-established processes to perform their duties. The Mortgage Support Manager oversees them directly.
Job Title : Underwriter
Location : Ranyah, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 28.47 per hour.
Company : ApTask
Job Type : Full-Time
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions about applicants’ creditworthiness based on current underwriting standards, Bank policies, processes, skills, and experience.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of loan product requirements and industry rules, as well as aiding with mortgage fraud prevention, detection, and settlement.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service that is tailored to each client’s particular needs and encourages loyalty to the bank.
- Determine the degree of risk throughout the loan application process, and underwrite the loan successfully using lending regulations and procedures to reduce the risk.
- Organizes the mortgage loan application procedure. Examines legal papers, analyses income (including self-employment and tax returns), and examines assets, among other things, to perform a comprehensive risk analysis of mortgage loan applications. Determine if the application fits the credit union’s or secondary market’s standards using this analysis, and then accept or deny the application depending on the findings. Alternative approval criteria are offered if they’re applicable.
- Responsible for staying up to date on all state, local, and federal regulations, as well as ensuring that all guidelines, such as the Ability to Repay (ATR), Qualified Mortgage (QM), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending (TILA), and all other applicable mortgage lending rules, are followed.
- Responsible for remaining current on all secondary market requirements, with a specific focus on the credit union’s investors, such as FNMA, FHLMC, and FHLB. Changes to these principles must be communicated properly and promptly.
- Assess individual risk by analyzing credit, income, and assets on a loan-by-loan basis and sending underwriting recommendations to Mortgage Originators as promptly as feasible.
- As you operate and update the Bank’s appraisal site, interact with appraisers about issues, corrections, and more information.
- Examines and analyses information on mortgage loan documentation to see if the buyer, the property, and the loan terms fulfil Credit Union and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate, analyze, audit, investigate, and make decisions are all required. You have outstanding communication and problem-solving abilities, both vocally and in writing.
- -3 years of mortgage underwriting experience, or a similar combination of education and experience, is desirable.
- The programs CUDL 360, Symitar, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word Processing are all required.
- Underwriting requirements for conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, VHDA, and NC are well-understood.
- It is necessary to have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities.