26 May 2023
Full-Time Underwriting Manager – Tathlith
Mortgage underwriters make lending decisions and follow strict lending guidelines and procedures. Underwriting conventional loans according to agency standards and portfolio loans according to Bank guidelines is the first step in this role’s development. All Mortgage Underwriters are multi-functional, customer-oriented employees that rely on written instructions and pre-established processes to perform their duties. The Mortgage Support Manager oversees them directly.
Job Title : Underwriting Manager
Location : Tathlith, Aseer, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 27.08 per hour.
Company : Pacific Western Bank
Job Type : Full-Time
- Responsible for remaining current on all secondary market requirements, with a particular emphasis on the credit union’s existing investors, such as FNMA, FHLMC, and FHLB. Any changes to these policies must be announced clearly and soon.
- Analyze credit, income, and assets on a loan-by-loan basis to properly assess individual risk, and promptly advise Mortgage Originators of underwriting decisions.
- Organizes the mortgage loan application procedure. Examines legal papers, analyses income (including self-employment and tax returns), and examines assets, among other things, to perform a comprehensive risk analysis of mortgage loan applications. Determine if the application fits the credit union’s or secondary market’s standards using this analysis, and then accept or deny the application depending on the findings. Alternative approval criteria are offered if they’re applicable.
- Create long-term relationships with your clients by providing exceptional service both internally and outside.
- Mortgage loan paperwork is examined and analyzed to see whether the buyer, the property, and the loan conditions meet Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Determine the risk level throughout the whole loan application and effectively underwrite the loan utilizing lending rules and processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to make independent conclusions about applicants’ creditworthiness based on established underwriting rules, Bank policies, processes, expertise, and experience.
- Maintain a complete awareness of loan product requirements and industry laws, including assisting in the detection, prevention, and settlement of mortgage fraud.
- Responsible for staying current on all state, local, and federal regulations, as well as ensuring that all guidelines are followed, including but not limited to the Ability to Repay (ATR), Qualified Mortgage (QM), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending (TILA), and all other applicable mortgage lending rules.
- Communicate with appraisers on mistakes or corrections, as well as additional information, while managing and maintaining the Bank’s appraisal site.
- Has a good understanding of conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, VHDA, and NC loan underwriting criteria.
- It is necessary to have communication abilities.
- All of the apps CUDL 360, Symitar, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word Processing are required.
- Analytical and decision-making abilities are as crucial as the ability to communicate. Communication and problem solving skills are excellent both orally and in writing.
- You should have 1-3 years of mortgage underwriting experience, or a similar combination of education and experience.