18 Mar 2023
Part-Time Veterinarian – Al Harth
The veterinarian will be in charge of the collection’s health, as well as quarantine and medical operations. The veterinarian will also help with the purchase and disposition of animals in the collection, as well as animal transportation and hand rearing techniques as needed.
Job Title : Veterinarian
Location : Al Harth, Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 42.89 per hour.
Company : United Veterinary Care
Job Type : Part-Time
- Ability to acquire and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as ensure that supplies and equipment are used properly in line with all applicable state and federal regulations and laws. Ability to keep up with current trends and advancements in the field of animal sheltering.
- To acquire AAALAC certification, the laboratory animal care and use program must be established and maintained.
- Performs high-quality sterilization surgery in a fast-paced shelter environment to limit the population of adopted animals. Routine veterinarian care includes things like triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick or injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- In order to create relationships with clients, gathers detailed information about them and listens to and understands their concerns and requirements.
- All animals not already vaccinated against rabies are vaccinated when immunization is suitable, and all animals released from quarantine observation are confirmed rabies-free. Provides information to animal bite victims, such as how to ensure their safety.
- Physical examinations, diagnostic treatments, surgical, and dental procedures are all completed successfully. Clients are informed about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment options, preventative health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Ability to receive animal data from employees, enter dispositions into a computer, and prepare monthly and weekly reports according to established procedures.
- Employees are trained in animal husbandry, humane animal handling, cleanliness and disease control, basic animal behavior, medical treatment, surgical assistance (intake and discharge), and animal first aid. Assists in the proper training, evaluation, and execution of animal euthanasia via injection. Examines all seized animals and orders the euthanasia of any that are sick or injured.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all relevant logs are kept current in accordance with protocols.
- Written medical treatment protocols are established and implemented. Ability to decipher animal control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies. Able to respond to questions from the general public and city officials Assist in resolving issues quickly and effectively.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), or similar degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary medicine college.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of the ZIMS medical record system.
- If you’re dealing with ultra-potent opioids, you’ll need a federal DEA license as well as a controlled substance registration.
- Interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities are all essential.