This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
18 Feb 2023
Full-Time Veterinarian with excellent benefits! – Al Mandaq
The veterinarian will be in charge of the collection’s health, as well as quarantine and medical operations. The veterinarian will also help with the purchase and disposition of animals in the collection, as well as animal transportation and hand rearing techniques as needed.
Job Title : Veterinarian with excellent benefits!
Location : Al Mandaq, Al Bahah, Saudi Arabia
Salary : $ 42.24 per hour.
Company : Bonum Health, Powered by Trxade Health
Job Type : Full-Time
- Creates and follows medical treatment protocols. Ability to interpret local animal control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies Capacity to respond to public enquiries from residents and city officials; Assist with the timely and successful resolution of concerns.
- Successfully performs physical examinations, diagnostic tests, and surgical and dental procedures. Clients are given information about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment plans, preventive health care, and dietary needs.
- Ability to procure and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as ensure that supplies and equipment are used properly and in compliance with all state and federal regulations and laws. Ability to keep up with current trends and advancements in animal sheltering.
- In order to create relationships with clients, gathers detailed information about them and listens to and understands their concerns and requirements.
- Assists in the coordination of external consultations in animal research design and diagnostics.
- Employees receive training in animal husbandry, humane animal handling, cleanliness, and disease prevention, basic animal behavior, medical treatment, surgical assistance (intake and discharge), and animal first aid. Assists in the training, appraisal, and execution of successful animal euthanasia by injection; examines all imprisoned animals and orders their euthanasia if they are sick or damaged.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all relevant logs are kept up to date according to established standards.
- Ability to collect animal records from personnel, input dispositions into computer, and generate monthly and weekly reports following specified requirements.
- Vaccinates all animals that haven’t been vaccinated against rabies before releasing them when vaccination is safe, and confirms that all animals released from quarantine are rabies-free. Provides information to animal bite victims, including the procedures to take to guarantee their safety.
- Performs high-quality sterilizing surgery for adopted animal population management in a fast-paced shelter environment. Routine veterinarian care includes triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick and injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities are required.
- Medical record-keeping systems such as MedARKs, ZIMS, and others.
- Possess (or receive) a Federal DEA license and registration for restricted substances.
- A doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM), a veterinary medical doctor (VMD), or an equivalent degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary institution is required.
- Must be able to work in a group setting while still completing duties independently.